This type of skin is very common. As the name suggests, it is a combination of both oily and dry skin with certain areas of the face oily and the rest dry. Usually there is a Central greasy panel consisting of the forehead, nose and chin and a dry panel consisting of cheeks and the areas around the eyes and mouth. The greasy central panel is referred to as T - Zone. In such cases, each part of the face should be treated accordingly - the dry areas as for dry skin and the central panel as for oily skin.
How to Identify Combination Skin?
Look out for
- Shinny forehead, tips of the nose and chin.(T-zone).
- Cheeks, area near the eyes and lips is dry and flakey.
- Skin near the eyes and lips is tight and feels stretchy.
- White patchy skin especially on the cheeks, near the lips.
- Premature lines near the eyes (cows feet) and lips (laugh lines).
- Oily scalp.
- White nail scratch marks on the hands / cheeks.
- Skin that shows dry eruptions or skin that has been scratched.
- Dry cuticles, flaking near the sides (corners) of the nails.